2017 Sporting Regulations
1.1 The purpose of the Competition is to find the fastest & most consistent driver(s) from all of the competitors taking part in 70+ MSA Approved National Championships in 2017 – based on qualifying and race lap times.
1.2 There are various prizes for the “National Driver Rankings”. These include fully funded test drives in either GT or saloon machinery (depending on current racing experience) at the end of the 2017 race season, and various Insurance offers.
(Above to be confirmed)
1.3 The prizes will be awarded to the Top Three ranked drivers competing in one of the (70+) qualifying race series/Championships during the 2017 season. These Championships have been selected by Grove & Dean Motorsport Insurance as eligible to compete and other Series/Championships are not included as part of the competition.
1.4 Grove & Dean Motorsport Insurance is the only authority for awarding all ratings, and advising of updates and winners. The close date for scoring is 31st October 2017 and winners will be notified within a week of this date. Grove & Dean Motorsport Insurance reserves the right to amend these regulations during the course of the racing season should it be deemed necessary to do so.
1.5 Prizes and awards for the winners will be advised by Grove & Dean Motorsport Insurance in accordance with these Sporting Regulations:
1.5.1 Fully paid and organised test at a UK circuit in November 2017, or early 2018. Mileage/time on track dependant on the car/team running the car.
1.5.2 Insurance included.
1.5.3 Travel, hotel rooms, expenses not included.
1.5.4 The prizes cannot be exchanged for cash or substituted in any way
1.5.5 Grove & Dean Motorsport Insurance accepts no liability in respect of the satisfaction of future tax liabilities arising on the prize winners as a result of accepting the prizes.
1.5.6 Grove & Dean Motorsport Insurance reserve the right to select the prize cars to be tested depending on the winner’s skills and speed, and their ability to handle the prize cars in a safe & appropriate manner.
1.6 Drivers completing in the following Championships are eligible:
2CV PARTS.COM Classic Racing Championship
750 Motor Club 750 Formula
750 Motor Club Bikesports
750 Motor Club Civic Cup
750 Motor Club Classic Stock Hatch
750 Motor Club Clio 182
750 Motor Club Hot Hatch / Stock Hatch
750 Motor Club Formula Vee
750 Motor Club Locost
750 Motor Club MR2
750 Motor Club 5Club MX5 Cup
750 Motor Club RGB
750 Motor Club Sport Specials
750 Motor Club AFRC
750 Motor Club M3 Cup
Alaco Motorsport Logistics Caterham 270R Championship
Avon Tyres Caterham Roadsports Championship
Avon Tyres Caterham 420R Championship
BARC King Henry’s Taverns Clubmans Championship
BRDC British F3 Championship
Britcover National FF1600 Championship
BRSCC Alfa Romeo Championship
BRSCC Formula Jedi Championship
BRSCC Mazda MX-5 Championship
BRSCC Mazda MX-5 Supercup
BRSCC Mini’s Championship
BRSCC Quaife Fiesta Championship
BRSCC Toyo Tires Porsche Championship
Cannons Motorspares Tin Tops Championship
Caterham Graduates Championship Sigma/Classic
Caterham Graduates Championship Super /Mega
Caterham Graduates Championship Sigmax
Classic Touring Car Championship – VW & Pre03
Classic Touring Car Championship – Pre66 & Pre83
Classic Touring Car Championship – Pre93 & Pre05
Classic Touring Car Championship – Boss, Vtec & Thunder
Dunlop TVR Challenge
Excool OSS Championship
Hyundai Coup Cup
ITC Compliance Caterham 310R Championship
ITC Compliance Caterham Supersport
Jaguar Saloon & GT Championship
Kumho BMW Championship
Lancaster Insurance MG Owners Club Championship
Lee Bowron Ltd XR Challenge
Lotus Cup UK
Lotus on Track Elise Trophy
Luna Logistics Classic Formula Ford 1600 Championship
MGCC Drayton Manor Park MG Metro Cup
Michelin Clio Cup Series
Motorsport News Saloon Car Championship
Nankang Tyre BMW Compact Cup
Pickup Truck Championship
Porsche Club Championship
Quaife Modified Saloons
Scrapco Metal Recycling Avon Tyres Intermarque Championship
Smart 4Two Cup
SRCC Sport 2000 Championship
Teekay Couplings MK2 Production Gti Championship
Teekay Couplings MK5 Production GTi Series
Toyo Tires Honda VTEC Challenge
UK National Legends Cars Championship
1.7 The following Series/Championships will be excluded from the competition:
– Any Series/Championship eligible for Sunoco Whelen Challenge / Sunoco 200 Challenge e.g. BGT/Radical etc
– Other high profile Championships, not classed by Grove & Dean as ‘grass roots e.g. TOCA package, BGT & F3 package,
– Juniors Championships e.g. Ginetta/Fiesta’s
– Multi driver Series / or where Series has the option for multi drivers e.g. Trackday Trophy
– Events run as a Series e.g. CSCC events
– Events run at a single venue e.g. Castle Combe Championships
– Any Championship with less than x5 race weekends in a season e.g. Ginetta GRDC/Caterham Academy
– Other Championships where class format doesn’t fit e.g. CNC Heads Sports/Saloons, Monoposto
– Regional e.g. Castle Combe Championships
1.8 Rules / Scoring system!!
– We will take lap times from (maximum) first two qualifying sessions in a weekend
– We will take lap times from (maximum) first two races in a weekend
– Fastest lap in each session will be allocated a ‘score’ of 100%
– Every other competitor’s lap times will be allocated a % against this best lap time – in exactly the same way as the 107% rule works in Formula 1
– At the end of a race weekend (up to two qualifying sessions & two races), each driver will be allocated a % score for the weekend – the perfect score being 100% if a driver sets the fastest time in all qualifying sessions and races
– There must be a minimum of 5 starters in the Class (at the beginning of the particular session) to be allocated a score. If below this number, then no score can be allocated for the purposes of the competition.
– If a driver DNF’s in a race (must be a classified finisher), or fails to complete a lap in qualifying, then the 2nd slowest lap time from the session (for a car in the same class, that finishes/is classified) will be allocated – regardless of the reason for DNF and/or number of laps completed – unless their completed lap time is slower (this time will then be used).
– A driver must start a minimum of 50% (rounded up) of all of a season’s track sessions to qualify for a prize/to be listed in the standings at the end of the season e.g. 7 double header weekends, plus 7 qualifying sessions = 21 times on track. Minimum to qualify would be 21 x 50% = 11 times on track (rounded up)
– From 1st September onwards ,drivers not completing in 50% of the races will have 100 added to their scores – which will be adjusted back if they do subsequently complete sufficient sessions.
– Drivers can have timings taken from any of the Championships listed as part of the competition e.g. they can record times from more than one Championship during the season
– All timings to be taken from the TSL Timings system (or equivalent e.g. 750Motor Club events / www.theresultslive.co.uk) used live during the weekends
– Therefore, UK rounds only to count
– In the event of a tie/equal rating, then the tiebreaker will be i) number of poles, ii) number of fastest laps, and iii) number of wins (in that order).
1.9 Scoring updates will be provided on a weekly basis through the Grove & Dean Motorsport Insurance website, Social Media, and other motorsport publications/media (tbc).
1.10 Any driver/team wishing to display our “National Driver Rankings” stickers/logo will be allowed to do so, and Grove & Dean Motorsport Insurance will make these available to participants.
1.11 Comments made on Social Media outlets, such as Facebook & Twitter, must be made in the spirit of the Competition. At the end of the day, its free to be a part of, and most of all, we hope it’s fun to be involved in!!
Grove & Dean Motorsport Insurance
96, Market Place
Essex RM1 3ER
Tel: 07825 157962
Facebook: Andy Hancock